Friday, September 4, 2015

Sammy Makes Six: Friday Favorites

My friend Lisa posted her Friday favorites this morning and I decided I wanted in on the fun and needed to share my own post of weekly faves. This has been a LONG week and I am so thankful that we have a 3 day weekend ahead! It's going to be so nice to get to sleep in for three whole days because this whole back-to-school thing has been hard on a girl! Okay so let's chat about my favorite things from this week. These are the little things that have made a long week more bearable and simply make me happy. 

My first favorite is my OG Kindle Keyboard which I hadn't used in months and months. I got this in February 2011 as a Valentine's gift from Adrian and it was like my bff for the longest time. But lately I just don't get enough opportunities to read so it had been dead and put away forever. This week I found myself really wanting to read so I dug it out, recharged it, gave it a reset and threw it in my bag. Already I've gone through half a book just reading while we are driving or while waiting somewhere, this thing is the perfect size that I can have it in my hand just about anywhere. I love my Kindle!

Ever the sanitizer queen this week I found this cute pump Purell bottle on clearance in an end-cap at Target and grabbed a handful. I wash and sanitize my hands all day long and I really like these little bottles that pump out the perfect amount of sanitizer. These are also great for throwing in a purse or even your pocket in a real pinch. 

I am pretty simple when it comes to applying makeup, I don't like doing more than a few steps. I don't usually wear a primer, concealer or layers and layers of other stuff. I like to keep to as few layers as possible but recently I watched a video that showed how adding a layer of loose powder after your moisturizer and foundation aids in diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but I really liked the idea of it so I ordered myself the Lancome Translucence Silky Smooth Powder. It helped that it came with a gift with purchase and i've tried it a few times now and really like the finish it gives my skin. Depending on the foundation I can get a full coverage from it and it's also supposed to give you a nice light coverage if you just use it over moisturizer or primer. Lancome is my favorite brand already and anytime I can get the free gifts with purchase I try to take advantage buy ordering something I need. 

We went to TJ Maxx the other day and I got a few goodies. This is only the second time I ever go into a TJ Maxx and I was really happy to see how much more stuff they have than Marshalls, my local marshals is a total dud. I got some Meyer's hand soaps and this huge tub of Chocomania Body Butter. I've been so close to ordering from The Body Shop online, I have heard their Strawberry scent is to die for, but this gave me a good opportunity to try the Body Butter at $5.99 versus $21.00. This is a very sweet scent but I love how moisturizing it is. I can see more of these in my future.

Lastly something I have really been enjoying is the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate. I only have this sample size and the regular size ranges from $69 to $109 which means I probably will not be getting the full size. Still I am enjoying using this product because it moisturizes my skin without making it oilier. I have an oily t-zone but at the same time my nose is always peeling and this manages to control the dryness without making me greasy. I love Shiseido products but sadly I am too poor to afford most of them. 

Okay so those are my Friday Favorites. I would love to know what some of your favorites of this week have been, or are you just glad this week is over?! I know I am. Have a fantastic 3-day weekend !

Source:

http://ift.tt/1FoCu2j



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1c1TX0y