Monday, August 17, 2015

Over the weekend | Carrie Loves

Random things I did this weekend

I made a conscious decision this weekend to not work. I didn’t quite stick to it, I answered a couple of emails, but I did those from my phone and didn’t crack open the computer – not once. We’re going to call that baby steps.

What I did do was a lot of little random things…

  • I rented a Rug Doctor from the Dollar General and cleaned my carpets. Because 6 dogs.
  • I mowed 50% of our lawn — my son took over that glorious project when his soccer practice cancelled. I get really dirty.
  • I finished The Girl On The Train for this month’s book club – holy moly that was intense, and I’ve a confession to make – I didn’t get that the book was narrated by 3 different people until I was 30% of the way through. I could blame it on inattention, but then I noticed my Kindle displayed the chapter titles is a much lighter color than the regular text. Weird, right?
  • I watched World Trade Center with Nicholas Cage & Michael Peña. Tear. Jerker.
  • I also watched The November Man, it was just okay.
  • I trekked out to Trader Joes – I love that place. Plus, my daughter has been hi-jacking my Nourish oil-free antioxidant facial moisturizer and facial serum, so it was time to give her the used ones and get me some new stuff. (I got some pretty flowers, too, just because.)
  • I also bought a new G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hair Styling Iron from ULTA. Which is on sale right now, just in case you need a good one.

What did you do this weekend?

Don’t want to miss any of my posts? Follow me on:

Signature

Source:

http://ift.tt/1Lh6eFv



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1c1TX0y