Sunday, August 16, 2015

KENP (Kindle Edition Normalized Pages) Update | Jeffrey Miller

The numbers are in, but it’s nothing to get too excited about.

Before Amazon decided to introduce KENP, I was making around $1.35 for each book borrowed. If you are a self-published/indie author that payout was depressing to say the least. Of course, there’s always the chance that if you allow your book to be borrowed that it could give your book more exposure and drive sales–something that a self-published/indie author prays for.

KENP is all about pages read and I can appreciate the logic behind the decision. Last month, one of my books, War Remains, had a total of 3,130 pages read which came out to $18.09. That works out to .0057 per page, which was what Amazon said the payout would be. I’m fine with that. What I would like to know is how many books does that work out to? War Remains is listed as 388 print pages, but KENP uses a different page count. I’m going to play it safe and round off the page count to 500 pages. That works out to almost $3.00 per book, which is not too bad. I can live with that.

On the other hand, only 480 pages were read (170 print pages) for I’ll Be Home for Christmas, which netted me $2.77. That works out to about the same, $1.35 per book that I made before.

I know the numbers are not too encouraging, but for the time being I am going to stick with KENP. It’s better than nothing.

Source:

http://ift.tt/1Pt9WdQ



The Late News from http://ift.tt/1c1TX0y