Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Publishers Piss Me Off Amazon this is you! | Thomo's Hole


This is me on Amazon UK:


image


And from Amazon US:


image


Then, when I sign on as my mother:


image


Difference here is my Mum has an Australian address only. I have the same Australian address, a Singapore address and I had forgotten to remove my old UK address when I moved from there. So I can be living in Singapore (where apparently Amazon will not ship a Kindle to) but will let me buy hard copy books and deliver them to me (from either Amazon UK or US). I can be living in Australia which is part of the British publishing house sphere of business and again, I can buy hard copy books and have them delivered to me (from either Amazon UK or US). But try and buy a Kindle book from the UK with just an Australian address – problem. I can buy from Kindle US with just an Australian address unless it is a “restricted” title and not available in my area(()).


So, the solution? I leave my old UK address on file, leave my Australian or Singaporean credit card as the default payment card for “1-click” and suddenly I can buy Kindle books for Whispernet delivery from Amazon UK (and probably unrestricted from Amazon US but I am yet to try that).


Is this system screwed up? You bet (and don’t start me on protectionism of Australian publishers – that’s another disgrace)!


Bookmark and Share




Source:


http://thomo.coldie.net/books/publishers-piss-me-off-amazon-this-is-you






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com