Saturday, August 3, 2013

Why should I bother with anything else than Kindle??? | YOURS IN ...


Okay – so I’ve been doing really well at Kobo – but Kindle hasn’t done much for me.


I could ignore that or I could do something about it.


I intend to do something about it.


Still – that brings me to a question that some folks are looking for an answer to.


Right now Kindle is the big dog on the block.


A lot of folks believe that because that dog is so darned big they might as well not bother with ANYTHING else.


Go Select – they tell you.


Be a Kindle man.


Well, I see it differently.


The way I see it, there is one single undeniable constant in this indie-publishing thing of ours.


(cue Godfather music)


The undeniable constant is CHANGE!


Kindle will change how they do things. Kobo will change how they do things. Nook will change how they do things.


I don’t want to get stuck depending on ANY one e-book distributor.


Think of it this way. You sell five books on Kobo (or Nook, or Diesel, or Apple, or that note you scribbled on the men’s washroom) this month – you’ll tell yourself “Hmmph, Kobo isn’t worth it.”


Then you sell five more books next month. And the next month. And the next month.


On the twelfth month the FLYING FRYPAN OF FATE tips a domino and all at once you sell one hundred books on Kobo in ONE MONTH!


Or a thousand.


Hey, it could happen. You don’t know how the next rule-change is going to affect your sales. You don’t know how the next promotion is going to pay off.


***


Speaking of my next promotion – I’ve got something worked up with Kboards for Monday. My book, SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME, is due to appear as a part of Kboards BOOK DISCOVERY promotion.


That means that 65000 Kindle owners are going to have a chance to take a look at SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME.


It’s another experiment. If it makes a bump I intend to follow it up with another promotion – and then I’ve got a third promotion planned for the middle of the month as a part of my birthday celebrations.


I’ll post the links here on Monday and I’ll ask you all to put the word out on Twitter, Facebook, Pintarest – whatever you do – that would be GREAT.


I’ll let you know how it all turns out.


yours in storytelling,


Steve Vernon





Source:


http://stevevernonstoryteller.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/why-should-i-bother-with-anything-else-than-kindle/






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com