Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kindle Paperwhite | Happy Joe's Blog




books

Endangered Species



I bought a Kindle “Paperwhite” and I love it. I had some doubts about the thing because I’ve always loved paper books, but guess what? I also love to trash everything I used to love, like the Village People and Hostess fruit pies. Anyway, here are some reasons why you might want to consider embracing the future:

1. Less injuries

Sure, you like to “turn pages,” but what about paper cuts? How many people are mortally wounded every year due to this risk? Exactly – none. So that was a stupid comment on my part, but I will forge on and hope to come up with something better in the next paragraph.


2. Definitions

With the Kindle, you can press on a word and see its definition. Man, I wish I’d had this feature when I read Moby Dick! I might have made it past page three.


That was a joke. I actually waded through all four million pages of that soggy seafaring masterpiece and even enjoyed the last 10 pages or so. And it took a long time to do it because I had to look up every other word in the dictionary. On a positive note, I do know what “portentous” means.


3. The Kindle cuts out the boring parts

This is amazing! The digital technology automatically filters out all the pages that are completely uninteresting. Man, I wish I’d had this feature when I read Ulysess!


Note: This is a joke. The super cool feature I’m talking about does not actually exist – yet. But I’m hoping they come up with it soon. For the record, I made it to page 70 of Ulysses.


4. It’s easy to move

I just moved to a new house. If all my books had been digital, it would have saved a lot of packing and lugging and moving and figuring out where to put all the damn books. This is a legitimate reason, and I heartily embrace it.



This entry was posted in books and tagged kindle paperwhite, review. Bookmark the permalink.



Source:


http://happyjoe.net/BLOG/kindle-paperwhite






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com