Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kindle Desktop Reader Tip | Moultrie Creek Gazette


January 16, 2013



I just discovered yet another reason to have the free Kindle Desktop Reader app installed on your computer. I’m working on some articles on Scrivener and I had one of my Scrivener books open in the desktop reader. I wanted to copy a bit of information into my article notes in Evernote so I used the book’s copy command to copy the text as you see in the example below.


Copying some text from a book in Kindle's desktop reader for the Mac.

Copying some text from a book in Kindle’s desktop reader for the Mac.



The surprise came when I pasted that text into an Evernote note. Not only did I get the text I had copied, I also got a nice little citation describing the source. Love it!


Text copied to an Evernote note.

Text copied to an Evernote note.



Although I don’t use the desktop reader to do any serious reading, it is very handy when I am writing and frequently need to refer to one of my tech or reference books. And, it’s now become a handy way to pull notes from a reference book so I can organize them in an Evernote notebook.


Tags: Evernote, Kindle Desktop Reader, tip





Source:


http://moultriecreek.us/gazette/kindle-desktop-reader-tip/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=kindle-desktop-reader-tip






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com