Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Send to Kindle Browser Extensions | HAI Tech Talk


Amazon Kindle FireI’m not a fan of browser toolbars, apps, add-ins, extensions or whatever they want to call them. Well, let me rephrase that… unless I want them and trust them to not open the door for viruses or malware or bloat my load times. Since I love my Kindle, this is one I will use.


The Send to Kindle browser extension allows you to:



  • Send news articles, blog posts and other web content to Kindle.

  • Send web content to Kindle in one step or preview before you send.

  • Select text from the web page and send it to Kindle.

  • Read anytime, everywhere on your Kindle devices and reading apps.

  • Choose to archive content in your Kindle library, where you can re-download it conveniently at any time.


I installed it for Firefox which is my browser of choice and tested it. The install and setup was easy. All that was added to my browser was a small black square icon with a gold/orange K on the upper right corner of my toolbar. I tested it on the home page of High Aspirations, Inc. and viewed the document sent on my iPad. I received the content of the page in clear, legible text.


I will definitely be using this feature again. It will be a useful tool while surfing and coming across something I would like to read, but don’t have time at that moment. One quick click on the Send to Kindle icon and I can pick it up later on any of my devices.


The document sent can be read on your Kindle, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle for Android, Kindle for iPad, Kindle for iPhone, and Kindle for iPod Touch.


The Send to Kindle browser extension is available for either Firefox or Chrome.





High Aspirations, Inc.

Web Site Design and Related Services

http://www.highaspirationsinc.com



Elizabeth



Source:


http://highaspirationsinc.com/webdesignblog/2012/11/send-to-kindle-browser-extensions/






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com