Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Trouble with the New Kindle Fire(s) | Paul Mayson


Amazon.com announced a boatload of new Kindle devices on Thursday (9-6-12) including new Kindle Fires. The first Kindle I bought was, I think the 3rd generation. It was around $350 and it was and continues to be fantastic. That Kindle was such a hit, earlier this year, I pulled the trigger on a Kindle Fire, even though I have an iPad. It was sad when I unwrapped the Fire to discover it felt like a cheap piece of crap and performed the same way.


But, now there’s a new Fire with faster internals and better software, but the thing is, now there’s no interest in upgrading. Amazon promised premium hardware and delivered a semi-functional device. Why would anyone go another round?


If there was no iPad in the equation, things would be different. But there is, and that’s the trouble. Price gets you so far but when I spin around in my chair and see a dust covered Fire, even if I paid $50 for it, it was $50 wasted. Meanwhile, this post is being written on an iPad. No dust. Just fingerprints.


Still an Amazon fan and Prime customer, after a shit experience with the Fire, there’s no going back. However, I’m thinking about upgrading to one of the new E Ink versions. But, maybe it’s better to wait a few weeks and see what Apple delivers.



.



Source:


http://paulmayson.com/hardware/the-trouble-with-the-new-kindle-fires/






The News from http://kindakindle.blogspot.com